In this tutorial, you'll learn how to make a minecart in Minecraft!
A Minecraft minecart is a transportation item that runs on rails. It can also be used as a crafting ingredient to make a Minecart with Chest, a Furnace Minecart, a Minecart with Hopper, and a Minecart with TNT.
Making A Minecart Video Tutorial
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC's||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PS3 & PS4||Yes|
Materials Needed To Build A Minecart
- 5 Iron ingots
Steps To Make A Minecraft Minecart
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
To craft a minecart, you first need to open your crafting table in Minecraft. You should see the same grid as in the image below.
2. Add The Iron Ingots To The Menu
In the crafting table, add the 5 iron ingots to the grid.
You must add the items to the grid exactly as shown in the image below. In the 2nd row place an iron ingot in the first box and the third box (leave the middle box empty). In the 3rd row place down the remaining three iron ingots, one in each box. This is the Minecraft minecart recipe.
After you've added the items to the crafting grid as described above, you'll notice a minecart in the box on the right.
3. Move The Minecart To Your Inventory
Now, simply drag the minecart down to your inventory so you can use it.
You're finished! A Minecraft minecart is a transportation item that runs on a rail. It can also be used as a crafting ingredient to make Minecarts with a Chest, with a Furnace, with a Hopper, and with TNT.
- Your player can ride in your cart by pressing the "use" button and exit it by pressing "sneak".
- You can increase the speed the cart travels by using redstone powered rails.
- You can also increase the speed by placing a boat in the cart. The speed will be comparable to moving on redstone powered rails. The boat minecart can move at the speed of a powered rail track on flat ground and on slopes!
- If your cart rolls off the end of a track, it can be pushed around on open blocks. You can also push it back onto tracks which snaps it back into place on the rail.
- You can merge two or more minecarts.
- Most mobs can ride in minecarts.
Minecraft Minecart Command
You can also use a Give Command to make minecarts in Minecraft. The minecart command is available in the following editions:
- Java Edition
- Pocket Edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition
To run the minecart command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below depending on the version you have.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher minecart command
/give @p minecart 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p minecart 1 0