In this tutorial, you'll learn how to tame a cat in Minecraft!
Minecraft cats are passive mobs that can be found in villages. They are considered stray cats until they are tamed.
Taming Cats Video Tutorial
In this video, watch as we tame a cat and show you what you can do with tamed cats!
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC's||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Required To Tame Cats
- 1 Cat
- 1 Raw fish (salmon or cod)
Steps To Tame A Cat
1. Find A Cat To Tame
We'll first need to find a Minecraft cat to tame it. If you are having trouble finding one you can use a spawn egg or summon a cat.
2. Feed The Cat Raw Fish
Now, we need to feed the cat either raw cod or raw salmon. In our example, we will be using raw cod.
To feed the cat the fish, place it in your Hotbar and use the following game controls:
- Java Edition (PC/Mac), Windows 10 Edition, Education Edition: right click on the cat.
- Pocket Edition (PE): move your pointer over the cat and press the Tame button.
- Xbox 360, Xbox One: press the LT button
- PS3, PS4: press the L2 button
- Wii U, Nintendo Switch: press the ZL button
You may have to feed the cat more than one raw salmon or raw cod. Continue feeding the cat until red hearts appear around it.
Once the hearts disappear you will have a tamed cat that will act like a pet and follow the player that tamed them!