In this tutorial, we will show you how to tame a llama in Minecraft. We'll also show you how to ride a llama, dress it up and more.
How To Tame & Ride A Llama Video Tutorial
Our video tutorial shows you how to first tame the Minecraft llama, dress it up, how to make llamas grow, ride them and more!
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC's||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Tools & Supplies Needed
Steps To Make Redstone
1. Find A llama
2. Continually Mount The Llama
The way you tame a llama in Minecraft is by continually mounting. First, make sure you have nothing selected in your Hotbar, then use the following game controls to mount the llama:
- Java Edition (PC/Mac), Windows 10 Edition, Education Edition: right click on the llama.
- Pocket Edition (PE): move your pointer over the llama and press the Mount button.
- Xbox 360, Xbox One: press the LT button
- PS3, PS4: press the L2 button
- Wii U, Nintendo Switch: press the ZL button
Eventually, after mounting it a few times, you will notice red hearts appear. This means the llama is now tamed.
Notice, that you technically can NOT move around while riding the llama, but you can, however, sit on it. You can also use a lead and guide the llama.
Tip: You can use a llama to help transport inventory items by putting a chest on them (which we show in the video tutorial above).
3. Dismount The llama
When you're ready to get off the llama, you can dismount it by using the following game controls:
- Java Edition (PC/Mac), Windows 10 Edition, Education Edition: left shift key
- Pocket Edition (PE): press the center button twice
- Xbox 360, Xbox One: press the RS button
- PS3, PS4: press the RS button
- Wii U, Nintendo Switch: press the RS button