In this tutorial, you'll learn how to make an item frame in Minecraft!
A Minecraft item frame is a decorative item that can display the block or item that is inside it.
How To Make An Item frame Video Tutorial
In this video, watch as we show you how to craft an item frame using the recipe and show you a few examples of item frames being used in the game.
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC's||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Required To Make An Item Frame
- 8 Sticks
- 1 Leather
Steps To Make An Item Frame
Step 1. Open Your Crafting Menu
To make an item frame, let's open your crafting table in Minecraft. You should see the same grid as in the image below.
Step 2. Add The Sticks And Leather To The Menu
In the crafting table, add the 8 sticks and 1 leather to the grid.
You must add the items to the grid exactly as shown in the image below. In the 1st row place down 3 sticks, one in each box. In the 2nd row place down 1 stick in the 1st box, 1 leather in the 2nd box, and 1 stick in the 3rd box. In the 3rd row place down 3 sticks, one in each box. This is the Minecraft item frame recipe.
Now that you've added the items to the grid as described above, you'll notice an item frame appear in the box on the right.
Step 3. Move The Item Frame To Your Inventory
After the item frame has been crafted, you'll need to drag it down to your inventory so you can use it.
That's it! You now have an item frame. A Minecraft item frame is a decorative item that can display the block or item that is inside it.
Minecraft Item Frame Command
You can also use a Give Command to make an item frame in Minecraft. The item frame command is available in the following game editions:
- Java Edition
- Pocket Edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition
To run the item frame command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below depending on the version you have.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher item frame command
/give @p item_frame 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p frame 1 0
More Decoration Recipes
- How to Make a Note Block in Minecraft
- How to Craft a Candle in Minecraft
- How To Make Chains In Minecraft
- How To Make A Loom In Minecraft (And USE It)
- How To Make & Use Lodestone In Minecraft
- How To Make A Respawn Anchor In Minecraft
- How To Build Scaffolding In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Lantern In Minecraft
- How To Build A Campfire In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Flower Pot In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Redstone Lamp In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Shulker Box
- How To Build A Jukebox In Minecraft
- How To Make Banners In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Painting
- How To Make Armor Stand In Minecraft