In this tutorial, you'll learn how to make lodestone in Minecraft! Plus, watch our video tutorial below for some examples of how to use it in the game (with a fun mini-game idea)!
Minecraft lodestone is a block that you can place down that will alter where you compass points. Lodestone can be used in the Nether, End, and Overworld.
How To Make & Use Lodestone Video Tutorial
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC's||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC's||No|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 4||Yes|
Materials Needed To Make Lodestone
- 8 Chiseled stone bricks
- 1 Netherite ingot
Steps To Make Minecraft Lodestone
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
To craft lodestone, you first need to open your crafting table in Minecraft. You should see the same grid as the image below.
2. Add The Lodestone Ingredients To The Menu
In the crafting table, add the 8 chiseled stone bricks and 1 netherite ingot to the grid.
You must add both items to the grid exactly as shown in the image below. In the 1st row place down 3 chiseled stone bricks. In the 2nd row place down 1 chiseled stone brick in the 1st box, 1 netherite ingot in the 2nd box, and 1 chiseled stone brick in the 3rd box. In the 3rd row place down the remaining 3 chiseled stone bricks. This is the Minecraft lodestone recipe.
After you've added the items to the crafting grid as described above, you'll notice a lodestone block in the box on the right.
3. Move The Lodestone To Your Inventory
Now, simply drag the lodestone down to your inventory so you can use it.
That's it! Minecraft lodestone is a block that you can place down that will alter where you compass points. Lodestone can be used in the Nether, End, and Overworld.
Minecraft Lodestone Command
You can also use a Give Command to make lodestone in Minecraft. The lodestone command is available in the following game editions:
- Java Edition
- Pocket Edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition
To run the lodestone command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below depending on the version you have.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher lodestone command
/give @p lodestone 1
Pocket Edition (PE), Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p lodestone 1 0
More Decoration Recipes
- How to Make a Note Block in Minecraft
- How to Craft a Candle in Minecraft
- How To Make Chains In Minecraft
- How To Make A Loom In Minecraft (And USE It)
- How To Make A Respawn Anchor In Minecraft
- How To Build Scaffolding In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Lantern In Minecraft
- How To Build A Campfire In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Flower Pot In Minecraft
- How To Make A Item Frame In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Redstone Lamp In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Shulker Box
- How To Build A Jukebox In Minecraft
- How To Make Banners In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Painting
- How To Make Armor Stand In Minecraft