In this tutorial, you'll learn how to find buried treasure in Minecraft!
Minecraft buried treasure can be hard to find, but we'll show you how, plus give you a few tips and tricks to help you find it as easy as possible.
Finding Buried Treasure Video Tutorial
In this video, we show you exactly how to find treasure in Minecraft from start to finish (and we actually find it unlike some other tutorials). Plus, we give you a few tips to help you find it along the way.
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC's||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Steps To Find Buried Treasure
1. Locate A Shipwreck Or Ocean Ruins
We will start by finding a shipwreck or ocean ruins. Shipwrecks can be found in the Ocean, Beach and River biomes. And ruins can be found in the ocean.
*Tip: Use night vision potion to easily spot a sunken ship or ruins.
2. Find The Chest
Sunken ships can have up to 3 different chests on it - a map chest, a treasure chest, and/or a supply chest. We want to find the map chest.
Keep in mind, not every shipwreck will have a map chest, so you may have to locate another sunken ship if you can't find one.
Once you do find one, open the chest and move the map to your inventory.
3. Use The Treasure Map
With the map open, you'll notice a white locator marker (that's you!) and a red X. You want to move your white marker over to the red X, which is where the treasure is buried.
4. Align Your Marker Over The Red X
Now, we just need to position the white marker over the top of the red X. You'll want the marker to be as centered over the red X as possible.
5. Dig Until You Find The Treasure Chest
Once the marker is centered over the red X, it's time to start digging! Dig straight down until you find the treasure chest. Keep in mind, you may have to dig around for quite a while before you find the chest.
Eventually, with some luck, you'll find the buried treasure chest! Now, just open it and move your treasure to your inventory.
Finding treasure can be extremely hard, so here are a few tips to help make the process easier:
- Use night vision potion to quickly find a shipwreck or ruins in the water.
- With the buried treasure map in hand, move your cursor towards the red X on the map and make sure it's as centered as possible.
- Once centered, start to dig down. In our experience, the treasure chest is always under a sand block (there may be exceptions).
- Some worlds just don't seem to have buried treasure chests. Even if you find a map saying there is one. So, if you cant find treasure in your current world, try creating a new world and look there.
More Getting Started Tutorials
- How to Repair a Bow in Minecraft
- How To Cure Zombie Villagers In Minecraft
- How To Fly In Creative Mode
- How To Make A Minecraft Hot Tub
- How To Teleport In Minecraft (Ender Pearl & Command)
- How To Make A Minecraft Iron Golem
- How To Make Fences In Minecraft (With A Fence Gate)
- How To Make An End Portal
- How To Make A Nether Portal