Learn how to make a bed in Minecraft with our step-by-step tutorial and how-to video. And we'll show you how to make different color beds using different colors of wool.
A Minecraft bed allows you to sleep at night and reset your spawn point.
Make A Minecraft Bed Video Tutorial
Watch our quick video to learn how to make a bed in Minecraft, plus a few interesting bed facts!
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC's||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Tools & Items Needed
- 3 wood planks (oak, spruce, birch, jungle, acacia, or dark oak)
- 3 wool (any color)
Steps To Make A Bed
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
Open your crafting table in Minecraft. You should see the 3x3 grid like in the image below.
2. Add Planks and Wool
In the crafting menu, add the 3 planks and the wool into the grid.
You can use any type of wood planks - oak, spruce, birch, jungle, acacia, or dark oak. And use the color of wool that you want the color of the bed to be. Just remember, you need to add each item to the grid exactly as shown below.
Now that you've added the items to the grid in the order shown above, you'll notice a bed appear in the box on the right.
3. Move The Bed To Your Inventory
Move the bed to your inventory so you can use it.
You now have yourself a new bed! Use your Minecraft bed to sleep at night or during thunderstorms to reset your spawn point.
And remember, you can make different colored beds using different colors of wool.
Minecraft Bed Command
You can also use a Give Command to make a bed in Minecraft. The bed command is available in the following editions:
- Java Edition
- Pocket Edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition
To run the bed command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the appropriate command below. This is an example command for a red bed:
Java Edition 1.13 and higher
/give @p red_bed 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p bed 1 14
More Basic Recipes
- How to Make and Use a Cartography Table in Minecraft
- How to Make a Lectern in Minecraft
- How to Make and Use an Observer in Minecraft
- How To Craft A Bowl And Stews In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Composter
- How To Make A Blast Furnace In Minecraft
- How To Make A Barrel In Minecraft
- How To Make Every Color Dye In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Smoker In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Chest In Minecraft
- How To Make An Item Dropper In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Book And Quill
- How Do You Make A Dispenser In Minecraft?
- How To Craft An Ender Chest
- How To Make Torches In Minecraft
- How To Get Eye Of Ender
- How To Make A Furnace In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Sign In Minecraft
- How To Make Trapped Chests In Minecraft
- How To Make Ladders In Minecraft (Ladder Recipe Tutorial)
- How To Get Charcoal In Minecraft
- How To Make An Enchanting Table In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Hopper (Minecraft Hopper Recipe)
- How To Make Minecraft Paper (Recipe Tutorial)
- How To Make Books In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Map (With A Location Marker)