Learn how to make a ladder in Minecraft step-by-step with our how-to video and detailed instructions.
Minecraft ladders can be used to climb vertically and horizontally. They can also be used to lessen the impact if you find yourself free-falling.
Make A Minecraft Ladder Video Tutorial
In this quick video tutorial, watch as we show you how to make ladders in Minecraft. And be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel (and click that notification bell)!
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC's||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Items Needed To Make A Ladder
- 7 sticks
Steps To Make A Minecraft Ladder
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
First, let's open your crafting menu in Minecraft. You should see the same grid as in the image below.
2. Add Sticks To The Menu
In the crafting menu, add the 7 sticks to the grid.
You must add each item to the grid exactly as shown in the image below. In the 1st row place 2 sticks on each end box (leave the middlebox empty). For the 2nd row place 3 sticks (1 in each box). Lastly, the third row should contain 2 sticks on each side (again leaving the middlebox empty). This is the Minecraft ladder recipe.
Now that you've added the items to the grid as described above, you'll notice that there are now 3 ladders in the box on the right.
3. Move The Ladders To Your Inventory
Simply drag the ladders down to your inventory so you can use them.
That's it! You now have yourself a ladder. You can use your Minecraft ladder to climb vertically and horizontally. And they come in handy to lessen the impact if you find yourself free-falling.
Minecraft Ladder Command
You can also use a Give Command to make ladders in Minecraft. The ladder command is available in the following editions:
- Java Edition
- Pocket Edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition
To run the ladder command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below depending on the version you have.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher
/give @p ladder 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p ladder 1 0
More Basic Recipes
- How to Make and Use a Cartography Table in Minecraft
- How to Make a Lectern in Minecraft
- How to Make and Use an Observer in Minecraft
- How To Craft A Bowl And Stews In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Composter
- How To Make A Blast Furnace In Minecraft
- How To Make A Barrel In Minecraft
- How To Make Every Color Dye In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Smoker In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Chest In Minecraft
- How To Make An Item Dropper In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Book And Quill
- How Do You Make A Dispenser In Minecraft?
- How To Craft An Ender Chest
- How To Make Torches In Minecraft
- How To Get Eye Of Ender
- How To Make A Furnace In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Sign In Minecraft
- How To Make Trapped Chests In Minecraft
- How To Get Charcoal In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Bed
- How To Make An Enchanting Table In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Hopper (Minecraft Hopper Recipe)
- How To Make Minecraft Paper (Recipe Tutorial)
- How To Make Books In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Map (With A Location Marker)