In this tutorial, you'll learn how to make a composter in Minecraft and use it in the game!
A Minecraft composter is a block that's used to convert food and plants into bonemeal. It's also used as a job site block for villagers.
How To Make A Composter Video Tutorial
In this video, watch as we show you the composter recipe, then show you what a composter does and how to use it!
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC's||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PS3 & PS4||Yes|
Materials Needed To Make A Composter
- 7 wood slabs (any type)
Steps To Make A Minecraft Composter
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
To craft a composter, you first need to open your crafting table in Minecraft. You should see the same grid as in the image below.
2. Add The 7 Wood Slabs To The Menu
In the crafting table, add the 7 wood slabs to the grid. You can use any type of wood slab including oak, dark oak, spruce, birch, jungle, or acacia wood.
You must add the slabs to the grid in the same pattern as shown in the image below. In the 1st row place down 1 wood slab in the 1st box and 1 wood slab in the 3rd box. In the 2nd row place 1 wood slab in the 1st box and 1 wood slab in the 3rd box. In the 3rd row place down the remaining 3 wood slabs, one in each box. This is the Minecraft composter recipe.
After you've added the items to the crafting grid as described above, you'll notice a composter in the box on the right.
3. Move The Composter To Your Inventory
Now, we're going to drag the composter down to your inventory so you can use it.
And that's it! Minecraft composters are a block that's used to convert food and plants into bonemeal. They're also used as a job site block for villagers.
Minecraft Composter Command
You can also use a Give Command to create composters in Minecraft. The composter command is available in the following editions:
- Java Edition
- Pocket Edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition
To run the composter command in Minecraft, open your chat window and enter the command below depending on the version you have.
Java Edition 1.13 and higher composter command
/give @p composter 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p composter 1 0
More Basic Recipes
- How to Make and Use a Cartography Table in Minecraft
- How to Make a Lectern in Minecraft
- How to Make and Use an Observer in Minecraft
- How To Craft A Bowl And Stews In Minecraft
- How To Make A Blast Furnace In Minecraft
- How To Make A Barrel In Minecraft
- How To Make Every Color Dye In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Smoker In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Chest In Minecraft
- How To Make An Item Dropper In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Book And Quill
- How Do You Make A Dispenser In Minecraft?
- How To Craft An Ender Chest
- How To Make Torches In Minecraft
- How To Get Eye Of Ender
- How To Make A Furnace In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Sign In Minecraft
- How To Make Trapped Chests In Minecraft
- How To Make Ladders In Minecraft (Ladder Recipe Tutorial)
- How To Get Charcoal In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Bed
- How To Make An Enchanting Table In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Hopper (Minecraft Hopper Recipe)
- How To Make Minecraft Paper (Recipe Tutorial)
- How To Make Books In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Map (With A Location Marker)