In this tutorial, we will show you how to make paper in Minecraft with our how-to video and step-by-step instructions. We'll even show you the paper command.
Minecraft paper can be used to make many other items including a Minecraft map, books, firework rocket, and more!
Make Minecraft Paper Video Tutorial
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC's||Yes|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOs 12, Windows 10 PC's||Yes|
|PlayStation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes|
Tools & Items Needed
Steps To Make Paper
1. Open Your Crafting Menu
Open your crafting menu so you see a 3x3 grid.
2. Add Sugar Canes
With your crafting menu open, we now need to place the 3 sugar canes in the middle row, just as they are shown in the image below.
After you've placed the sugar cane in the appropriate boxes, you'll notice paper will appear in the box to the right.
3. Move Paper To Your Inventory
Lastly, simply move your newly created paper down to your inventory for use.
And that's how you craft paper! The Minecraft paper recipe is very simple, yet comes in handy when you want to make paper for maps, a book, and more.
Minecraft Paper Command
You can also use a Give Command for paper in Minecraft. The paper command is available in the following editions:
- Java Edition
- Pocket Edition
- Xbox One
- Nintendo Switch
- Windows 10 Edition
- Education Edition
To run a command, simply open your chat window and enter one of the following paper commands:
Java Edition 1.13 and higher
/give @p paper 1
PE, Xbox One, Switch, Win 10, Education Edition
/give @p paper 1 0
What is paper made out of in Minecraft?
Paper is made out of 3 sugar cane in Minecraft. You simply place 3 sugar cane across the center row in the crafting table and you will get 3 paper.
How do you get a lot of paper in Minecraft?
To get a lot of paper, you need a lot of sugar cane. You can get a lot of sugar cane easily by creating an automatic sugar cane farm. You can then use the sugar cane harvested from that farm to make a lot of Minecraft paper!
How much paper do you need to craft a book in Minecraft?
You need 3 paper and 1 leather to craft a book in Minecraft. Check out our guide on how to make a book in Minecraft for more information.
Where can you find paper in Minecraft?
Minecraft paper can be found in some shipwreck and Stronghold library chests.
More Basic Recipes
- How to Make and Use a Cartography Table in Minecraft
- How to Make a Lectern in Minecraft
- How to Make and Use an Observer in Minecraft
- How To Craft A Bowl And Stews In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Composter
- How To Make A Blast Furnace In Minecraft
- How To Make A Barrel In Minecraft
- How To Make Every Color Dye In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Smoker In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Chest In Minecraft
- How To Make An Item Dropper In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Book And Quill
- How Do You Make A Dispenser In Minecraft?
- How To Craft An Ender Chest
- How To Make Torches In Minecraft
- How To Get Eye Of Ender
- How To Make A Furnace In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Sign In Minecraft
- How To Make Trapped Chests In Minecraft
- How To Make Ladders In Minecraft (Ladder Recipe Tutorial)
- How To Get Charcoal In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Bed
- How To Make An Enchanting Table In Minecraft
- How To Craft A Hopper (Minecraft Hopper Recipe)
- How To Make Books In Minecraft
- How To Make A Minecraft Map (With A Location Marker)